FORT WAYNE, Indiana (WANE) – “The Fantasy of Lights” kicked off its 28th season Sunday night with over 150 scenes for holiday light lovers.
According to a media release, The Fantasy of Lights opened a few days earlier than in previous years. Traditionally, the nearly two-mile route opens on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. This year, attendees can expect “new, fun and light-hearted displays,” including 25 more scenes than 2021.
According to the press release, admission remains at $10 per car with additional fees for 12+ passenger cars and buses. The drive-thru will still open at 5:30 p.m.
This year’s special theme and free nights are below:
- Nov. 20 – Grand Opening Switch Flip: A Blue Jacket customer is given the honor of turning on the lights.
- November 21 – Military Night Veterans and active duty members get FREE entry with valid ID. Sponsored by General Motors.
- November 28 – First Responders Night: Anyone in a fire, ambulance or public safety career gets FREE entry with a valid ID. Sponsored by Parrish Leasing.
- December 5th – Decorate Your Car (in the spirit of Christmas) night: FREE entry for those who decorate their car. Sponsored by the Old National Bank.
- Dec 12 – Nursing Home Night: Any nursing home vehicle with logo is admitted free. Sponsored by Carter Lumber.
- December 15 – 3 Rivers Velo Sports Bike Night.
- Dec 19 – Teacher Night: All teachers get in for FREE with valid ID. Sponsored by Star Financial Bank.
- 26 Dec – Four-legged night: All cars with a four-legged (pet) friend have free entry. Sponsored by ProFed.
- 31 Dec – LAST night | Pay What You Want Night allows patrons to choose the amount they want to pay for admission.
https://www.wane.com/top-stories/watch-fantasy-of-lights-switched-on-for-holiday-season/ WATCH: Fantasy of Lights switched on for the holiday season