Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘haven’t told the palace YET if they will be going to the King’s coronation’ even though the RSVP date is over
PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly still not told the Palace if they will attend the King’s coronation, despite the RSVP deadline having passed.
Royal insiders are reportedly “no wiser” about whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the celebrations when King Charles is crowned.
Sources told MailOnline that the staff planning the big event have still not been told if the controversial couple will accept their invitation, despite the April 3 deadline.
They claimed that this gave the organizers a “headache” as they tried to arrange transport and security for the many VIP attendees, among other things.
An employee told the outlet that the deadline would likely be more relaxed for family members than for other guests, but another source said: “Everything is still up in the air and there’s only a month left.
“Everyone was told ‘hopefully it should be resolved soon’.
“But in the meantime, teams are trying to finalize plans for 2,000 guests, many of whom are international heads of state and VIPs. That gives me a headache.”
However, staff were reportedly told to make plans as if the Sussexes were present.
A source explained: “Changing things like seating arrangements is pretty easy. But what causes more headaches are the security, cars and other logistical matters.
“Any plans that are consistent with the rest of the family are more important and more problematic.”
The couple were invited last year despite their many shots with the royal family in their Netflix documentary, bombshell interviews and The Prince’s autobiography.
They confirmed they had received the invitation via email rather than the post, but have reportedly not spoken to the King or Prince William for several months.
The soon-to-be-crowned monarch is understood to be determined that his estranged son should attend, despite the friction between them.
But even if they do, they won’t be able to stand next to family on the Buckingham Palace balcony as they are no longer working royals.
The King and Queen Camilla will arrive at the palace in a Gold State carriage, followed by a “final group of 15” who will represent the “heartbeat and future of”. [the] family,” according to reports.
Insiders revealed the group will only include working royals, meaning there’s no room for Harry and Meghan or Prince Andrew.
William and Kate, the Prince and Princess of Wales, will be joined by their three children – Prince George, nine; Princess Charlotte, seven, and Prince Louis, four.
They will also be joined by the new Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie.
Princess Anne and her husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence will also be there, reports The Mirror.
The Duke of Kent, 87, and Princess Alexandra, 86, will appear on the balcony, as will the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
The Sun Online has reached out to representatives of the Sussexes and Buckingham Palace for comment.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/10477643/harry-meghan-told-palace-coronation/ Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘haven’t told the palace YET if they will be going to the King’s coronation’ even though the RSVP date is over