through: Christine Samra, Nextstar Media Wire
(KTLA) – Houston police announced Friday afternoon that they have made an arrest in connection with the shooting of Migos rapper Takeoff.
In a media briefing, police said they had arrested 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark and that he was being charged with the 28-year-old artist’s murder.
Police then announced that 22-year-old Cameron Joshua had been charged in connection with the criminal possession of a weapon case.
“We lost a good man,” Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said, adding he spoke to Takeoff’s family and thanked them for their patience while the department worked through facts and investigations before an arrest.
Takeoff, whose real name is Kirshnik Khari Ball, was filmed in the early morning of November 1 in front of a bowling alley near the Texas city.
Ball was a member of the Atlanta hip hop group Migos.
The group was best known for hits like “Fight Night,” “Versace,” and “Walk It, Talk It.”
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
Suggest a correction
https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/man-arrested-in-fatal-shooting-of-migos-rapper-takeoff/ Man arrested after death of Migos rapper Takeoff