Gardaí have launched a murder investigation after a man in his 40s died following an attack in Newbridge, Co Kildare earlier this week.
The man is understood to have been beaten and seriously injured after an argument broke out at a home in the Piercetown area.
He was found by Gardaí with serious injuries at 10.30am on Wednesday and taken to Naas General Hospital where he died on Friday afternoon.
The man’s name was not released, but a local source said he was a Polish citizen.
As part of their investigation, Gardaí arrested a man in his 30s who is being held at Newbridge Garda Station for questioning.
A number of people are understood to be assisting the Garda with their requests.
In a statement, the Garda said the state pathologist’s office had been notified and an autopsy would be held shortly.
An interim detention facility has been set up at Newbridge Garda Station and an investigation is continuing under the direction of a senior investigating officer.
The Garda have asked any witnesses who may assist them with the investigation to contact Newbridge Garda Station on 045 440180, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.
https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/2023/03/10/garda-launch-murder-investigation-following-fatal-newbridge-assault/ Garda begin murder investigation after man, 40, dies after attack in Kildare – The Irish Times