According to an analysis of wait time data, lines for Disneyland attractions peaked in 2022 during busy school vacations and national holidays when visitors flooded the Anaheim theme park.
Wait times tracked by Thrill Data show that attendance peaked more than two dozen times in 2022 at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
SEE ALSO: Disneyland subs are already rusting badly after years of renovation – See photos
Thrill Data collects wait times published through the Disneyland mobile app and uses data analytics to track trends and create charts of visitor experience at the parks. Disneyland officials rarely talk about attendance numbers or viewership.
All of the busiest times at Disneyland and DCA in 2022 fell during the school holidays. While dates vary by district, school vacations are typically tied to national and religious holidays.
Here are the busiest times at Disneyland Resort in 2022, according to wait times collected by Thrill Data:
- Winter Break/Presidents Day – 17th-24th February
- Spring Break/Easter – April 9th to 17th
- Beginning of summer – 13th-22nd June
- Fall Break/Columbus Day – October 3-16
- Thanksgiving week – 19th-25th November
- Christmas/New Year – 21st-31st December
Here are the average wait times on the 26 busiest days in 2022, when the wait factor peaked at 10 on a scale of 10 at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, according to Thrill Data. Bindings are displayed in chronological order.
- Monday April 11 – 52 minutes
- Tuesday April 12 – 52 minutes
- Wednesday April 13 – 52 minutes
- Thursday April 14 – 51 minutes
- Saturday 15 Oct – 50 minutes
- Wednesday February 23 – 49 minutes
- Tuesday, Dec 27 – 48 minutes
- Wednesday, 12/28 – 48 minutes
- Friday, December 30th – 48 minutes
- Saturday, December 31st – 48 minutes
- Wednesday 12 Oct – 47 minutes
- Tuesday, June 14 – 46 minutes
- Wednesday June 15 – 46 minutes
- Thursday, June 16 – 46 minutes
- Monday, June 20 – 46 minutes
- Wednesday 28 Dec – 46 minutes
- Saturday April 16 – 45 minutes
- Sunday April 17 – 45 minutes
- Saturday 22nd Oct – 45 minutes
- Thursday 29 Dec – 45 minutes
- Tuesday, February 22 – 44 minutes
- Friday April 15 – 44 minutes
- Monday 13 June – 44 minutes
- Tuesday, June 21 – 44 minutes
- Wednesday, June 22 – 44 minutes
- Thursday, July 28 – 44 minutes
Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority of the busiest days of the year at Disneyland and DCA fell on weekdays.
SEE ALSO: Disneyland is taking on a 10-foot-tall animatronic snake for Indiana Jones Adventure
The worst 7-day period at Disneyland and DCA in 2022: April 11-17, when the wait factor hit 10 on a scale of 10 each day, according to Thrill Data.
According to Thrill Data, during this Spring Break period in April, Disneyland Resort experienced three times the longest average wait times of the year – 52 minutes.
The best times to visit Disneyland in 2022 according to wait times collected by Thrill Data:
- Post Christmas/Lunar New Year Celebration – January 7th to February 14th
- End of Summer/Back to School – August 8th to September 30th
SEE ALSO: The RunDisney Half Marathon returns to Disneyland for the first time since 2017
The best week of 2022 at Disneyland with the lowest wait times was September 4-10. The best day of the year to visit Disneyland also fell during this Back to School week. Average wait times fell to a yearly low of 15 minutes on Friday, September 9th.
The average wait time at Disneyland and DCA for 2022 was 31 minutes, according to Thrill Data.
https://www.ocregister.com/2023/01/04/disneylands-busiest-dates-see-2022s-list-of-26-most-visited-days/ Check out the list of the top 26 busiest days of 2022 – Orange County Register