Today, every industry and business wants to thrive through engaging video content on websites and various media platforms. Therefore, most, if not all, sound engineers within the organisation say quality audio content is as important as the visual component.
Most of the audio in a video is narrations. Such recorded voice-over videos can improve the experience and quality of the overall content. This article will provide a quick walkthrough on voice-over videos and how to record voice-over videos using AI Text to Speech apps and services.
A voice-over is a speech or audio production technique recorded or generated from an outside perspective that helps in narrating a video, auto-reading an e-book, or serving other purposes like explaining information. Users can record the voice-over in a studio or generate it using AI Text to Speech (TTS) applications.
Embedding voice-over to videos and animations can add an extra flavour to the existing narrative. Using AI Text to Speech (TTS) service helps render a realistic human-like voice that brings the audience closer to the interaction. Most companies and individuals prefer to generate or record voice-over videos to gain more traction and audiences in their video content.
Today, voice-over is prominently used in YouTube videos, animation videos, movies, documentaries, product description videos, corporate presentations, educational videos, telephone services, etc. Furthermore, voice-overs are used in events, news reports, video games, ads and commercials, and movie trailers.
Voice-overs are of two types: narration and non-narration. In a narrative voice-over, the voice is narrating the story or action happening on-screen or explaining a story/scene that is going on. Non-narrative voice-overs are voice-overs that do not convey anything that’s happening on-screen. These voice-overs are mainly educational, instructional, and informational.
Generated or recorded voice-over audio in videos cater to numerous benefits to the creators and the industry. The benefits also increase as companies try to render high-quality realistic audio using AI technologies like AI Text to Speech applications. Here is a list of some benefits of leveraging voice-overs in videos.
- Voice-over branding: Branding has become an essential business component. In this cut-throat competitive market, gaining genuine customer traction and attention is a cumbersome task. Therefore, businesses prefer to use video content with voice-over to engage customers and create a positive branding effort. AI text-to-speech applications leverage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms to make voice-over in brand awareness videos sound more realistic.
- Save time and money: AI-based text-to-speech software and services can render high-quality human-like voice-over in lesser time. Audio engineers and designers do not have to set up in-house studios within the organisation or do not have to buy added technologies and equipment to create voice-overs. Realistic sounding high-quality voice-over audios make it sound like humans narrating the entire product or scenario, ultimately saving time, money, and effort.
- Improves visibility and ROI: If organisations use AI-based TTS applications to record voice-over videos, it can provide a grander experience. Voice-over videos can boost the product or brand by emphasising the qualities and conveying the exact message to keep the visitors engaged more with the video. It automatically increases the return on investment and makes the product or brand visible with more engagement.
Here are some of the common factors based on which you can decide if you need a voice-over.
- At times, our video (without any music or voice-over) does not gain momentum or customer traction after releasing it on social media or other video platforms. That is when we should embed a realistic voice-over through AI-based text-to-speech software.
- Your client might often request you to provide a video that has voice or audio explaining or narrating the action or event happening on screen.
- If we need to explain our product or service to people residing in different countries speaking different languages, the voice-over in the video makes it easy to communicate with multilingual customers.
We can record voice-over with these simple steps:
- Use any AI Text to Speech tool. We can choose Murf.ai.
- Then, register with your email and start typing the text to generate a realistic voice-over.
- Murf also has the option to add video and images to embed your voice-over with it.
- Save the voice-over video file, and it is ready to get exported.
We hope this article has given you a quick walkthrough of what voice-over is and how to create a voice-over video without much hassle.